Transfer applicants are students who have attended another college. Any information withheld or falsified may subject a student to dismissal. In order to be admitted, the following REQUIREMENTS must be met.
- Submit official transcripts from all accredited colleges/universities attended.
- Must be in "good academic standing" and eligible to return to the last college/university of attendance.
- Regular transfer student status will be given to all transfer students with a 2.0 and above grade point average. Mississippi Valley State University reserves the right to decline admission to any student with less than a 2.0 GPA.
*Provisional status may be granted to transfer students prior to completion of the semester in which they are to enroll when applying.
Transfer evaluations will reflect all grades earned, but only grades of "C" and above will be accepted for credit at Mississippi Valley State University. Transfer evaluations will be made available by the academic advisors.
Students who meet the requirements for entering freshmen may transfer to Mississippi Valley State University from regionally accredited community, junior, or senior colleges for any period of enrollment, provided they have earned a 2.0 GPA. Students also must be in good standing with the last college or university attended.
Students who do not meet entering freshman requirements may transfer if they meet one of the following admissions options:
2012 Transfer Requirements
A new set of admission requirements will apply for transfer students seeking admission spring 2012 and forward. Transfer students must either have an associate degree intended for transfer from a regionally accredited institution or have completed the 30 semester hours of designated college coursework outlined below with at least a 2.0 grade point average for admission to the university:
- 6 semester hours of English composition
- 3 semester hours of college algebra or higher mathematics
- 6 semester hours of science (must be laboratory-based)*
- 9 semester hours of humanities and fine arts
- 6 semester hours of social or behavioral sciences
� Earn an A.A. degree (associate in art) or a higher degree from a regionally accredited community, junior, or senior college with a 2.0 GPA.
Office of Admissions & Recruitment
Mississippi Valley State University
14000 Highway 82 W # 7222
Itta Bena, Mississippi 38941
Contact by phone: 662-254-3347 or 662-254-3346
E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org