The Center of Excellence for Veteran Student Success (CEVSS) at Mississippi Valley State University offers students veterans an all-encompassing resource and streamlines the various procedures they need to complete from the application stage to graduation.
By offering a secure space for our veteran students, an objective that provides valuable guidance, and connections to necessary resources, Mississippi Valley State University's CEVSS works to meet the needs of service members and their families.
Services to be provided include:
- Early intervention approach and protocol for recognizing veteran students who are having academic difficulties early in each semester and meet their needs.
- Assistance with tutoring as needed in various areas.
- Veterans’ computer lab with Common Access Card access
- Lounge Area with food pantry access
- Mentoring program (student-to-student and senior veteran-to-student)
- Veterans attending MVSU will receive full assistance from the Veteran Support Organization to help them deal with any difficulties that may occur.
- Support of the Veteran School Certifying Official
- Focuses on encouraging a lively, veteran-friendly culture on campus, offering programming to boost student veterans' experiences of belonging here, and providing physical and mental health care to improve social, emotional, and mental wellbeing.
- Single point of contact for all veteran students
- Access to local recruiters for issues pertaining to their military career.