Click on a link below to review to a specific section:
- Keep the card secure at all times; it is University property and should be protected.
- Do not give your card or your card number to others to use on your behalf.
- Do not give your card number to a sales rep to “keep on file” for future use.
- Notify the bank immediately of any suspicious or irregular activity on your card or if your card has been lost or stolen: 1-800-335-8427. Please notify your card administrator after contacting the bank.
- Mississippi Valley State University Sales Tax number LOCATED IN THE PURCHASING OFFICE. The tax exempt certificate can be obtained by going to Vender Information The Cardholder is responsible to make sure that tax is not charged when making a purchase. If you are charged tax in error, you must request a credit from the supplier as soon as possible.
- You may present a “Certificate of Exemption” form to suppliers as necessary.
- Contact the Purchasing Department should you have questions about our tax exempt status.
- If the vendor refuses to deduct the tax, please document the instance with your monthly statement.
- The single Purchase Limit is the maximum total amount for each purchase as assigned by your department. Do not split a transaction into smaller amounts to avoid your single purchase limit. Consider using the Update form if you find it necessary to request a limit that will better suit your procurement requirements. Don’t know your Single Purchase Limit? Contact Purchasing.
- Monthly Purchase Limit:This is the maximum total amount for purchases each month as assigned by your department. The bank’s monthly cycle runs from the 12th to the 11th. Consider using the Update form if you find it necessary to request a limit that will better suit your procurement requirements.
If a violation occurs based on the rules of the Purchasing Card Program, points will be given according to the “Violations Record“. The cardholder will be notified by the Purchasing Card staff as to the nature of their violation and their associated points accumulated.
- Follow University and departmental rules.
- Determine whether the purchase is restricted on the Purchasing Card.
- Check for State Contracts.
- Be certain that the total amount which would include shipping and handling charges will not exceed your single purchase limit on the card. Be certain to include shipping and handling charges so as not to exceed your single purchase limit.
- No unprepared foods or alcoholic beverages.
- No personal items can be purchased
- Provide vendors with a copy of the University’s Tax Exempt Form to ensure that no sales tax is charged.
- Assure that the Expenditure Guidelines have been met.
Documentation is required for every purchase and must be kept with the printed monthly statement in which the transaction occurred. PCard records should be kept for seven years. Documentation may include the following:
- The Original itemized receipt is preferred
- Acceptable alternatives:
- A vendor invoice
- A fax order form with confirmation if possible
- A screen print of an internet order form or confirmation
- A copy of an order form that has been mailed
- A subscription order form
- All documentation must contain the date, vendor, described item(s), total price
- In case of a lost receipt or unavailable documentation, refer to the Missing Document Affidavit. Fill it out completely, get an authorized signature then keep it on file with the month’s purchasing card records.
- Shipped items require a packing slip in addition to one of the previously listed forms of documentation.
A point of sale code is an arbitrary number given to a vendor when placing an order. The POS code is optional and allows departments to track multiple orders with the same vendor or to trace back-ordered items.
Give the complete delivery instructions as follows if you are not picking up the goods.
- Have items shipped directly to your campus address whenever possible.
- Items can be picked up by either the person who placed the order or by anyone designated.
- The cardholder is responsible to inspect the items upon arrival.
- Items shipped to the FILL IN BLANK must include a complete attention line.
- Cardholders must follow any guidelines set within their department for Web purchases.
- Purchasing recommends that if a purchase is made over the Internet, it is with a company that you have used traditional procurement methods in the past.
- If supplying your card number via the Web be sure it is encrypted in an acceptable manner. If you are not comfortable giving your number over the Internet, some companies leave the option of placing your order on the Web and following up with a card number via telephone.
- As with other purchases, the cardholder is ultimately responsible for purchases made with their card and is therefore responsible for determining whether a Web site is the most appropriate method to use to make a given purchase.
- If you need to make changes on the dollar limits, name, address, phone, or account numbers, use the online Update Form.
- Upon termination of employment, please notify the PCard Staff via an Update Form and destroy the card. All records should be retained in the Cardholder’s department. If the termination is due to employee fraud, please notify a member of the PCard Team as soon as possible.
Cardholders should work directly with the supplier for items that need to be returned.
- Please be aware that a restocking fee may be assessed by the supplier.
- Limited assistance is available from the University Stores and Receiving department for packaging goods to return, call (801)581-5813. FILL IN BLANK
- Make sure the credit appears on your monthly statement for the return.
- Erroneous charges that appear on the monthly PCard statement may be disputed with the Bank within 30 days after the PCard Reallocation statement’s closing date.
Before submitting a dispute to the bank, try contacting the vendor directly. Most vendors would prefer to resolve the problem themselves and are willing to provide credits. If a charge is not recognized by the cardholder and the vendor is not willing to resolve the problem, the cardholder should submit a “dispute” form to the bank promptly. Regions Bank will issue a credit on disputed items within 48 hours. The bank will then take up to 90 days to review the questioned item and determine if it is valid.
Every month you will receive an email from the bank concerning your monthly statement which you must log on, review, and sign. Your signature indicates that you have read the statement and approve of the charges or have taken appropriate action to correct errors. Your Principal Investigator (PI) or authorized alternate’s signature is also required.
Supporting documentation for each and every transaction must accompany the monthly statement.
The Purchasing Department and the Cardholders are subject to an annual on-site audit which will verify receipts and monitor compliance with policies and procedures of the Purchasing Card. This auditing process is required and monitored by the University’s Internal Audit department and also the State of Mississippi Auditor’s Office.
Each Cardholder’s signed monthly statement, with the attached receipts and other documentation, will be reviewed. Any problems found in the audit are subject to the details prescribed in the Violations Points Record.