The Goals of the Department of Natural Sciences and Environmental Health are:
- Train students who are well prepared for productive careers and responsible lives in a dynamic society.
- Provide opportunities for all students at the University to become proficient in concepts and principles of natural sciences and environmental health.
- Offer baccalaureate and master’s degree curricula in natural sciences and environmental health.
- Prepare students for advanced (MS, PhD) study in biological, chemistry, environmental health and biochemical sciences.
- Prepare students for admission to schools of medicine, dentistry, nursing, medical technology, physical therapy, and other allied health service professions.
- Prepare and train students for employment in natural resources management, public health, occupational safety fields, and in environmental monitoring, regulation, or protection fields; and
- Develop skills for students interested in teaching in the STEM areas in secondary schools.