Employees at Mississippi Valley State University who get vaccinated against COVID-19 at any approved location (on or off-campus), are eligible to participate in the Employee Vaccination Incentive Program. All full- and part-time employees are eligible to participate. Each employee that participates will receive their choice of a $25 Bookstore voucher or a $25 on-campus dining voucher (includes Chick-fil-A). In addition to the voucher, participating employees will be entered into the prize drawing. To participate in the prize drawing on February 25, vaccination records must be submitted by February 24. Those who submit after February 24 but before March 31 will still be eligible to received a voucher.
Submit your vaccination record here by 11:59 pm on March 31, 2022.
The COVID-19 vaccination is free for everyone! For a list of vaccination sites, visit Mississippi State Department of Health's Vaccination webpage. If you are not currently in Mississippi, contact your State’s Department of Health for vaccine sites. COVID-19 vaccines are also available at local drug stores and Walmart pharmacies.
- Employees must be current, active employees at the time of the drawing.
- Employees who received the student vaccination incentive (i.e., student workers) are not eligible for the drawing.
- Student employees and graduate assistants are not eligible.
- Employees who cannot be vaccinated due to documented religious or medical reasons may still participate. Employees should email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To be eligible, employees must submit proof of their COVID-19 vaccination (i.e., copy of your COVID-19 vaccination card or other acceptable records).
Accepted records include:
- The official Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) vaccination card you receive at your vaccine site.
- A state vaccination record from outside of Mississippi
- For vaccination outside the U.S., the most complete record you have available. MVSU will recognize vaccines maintained on the World Health Organization’s emergency use listing.
Employees should upload proof of vaccination to the Employee Vaccination Incentive Program Form by 11:59 pm on March 31, 2022.
If you received your vaccination in Mississippi and have misplaced your vaccination records, learn how to access your records here. To learn how to access your records in other states, click here. For questions regarding the vaccination, please email email@example.com.
February 25, the University will draw the names of employees who will receive prizes. Every employee who submits proof of vaccination will be entered for the prizes.
Prizes include the following:
- (1) Visa Gift Card $200
- (1) Walmart Gift Card $175
- (1) Amazon Gift Card $150
- (3) Walmart Gift Card $100
- (3) Visa Gift Card $100
- (2) Amazon Gift Card $100
- (20) Visa Gift Card $50
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Prizes, once accepted, are not transferable.
- Employees awarded one prize are not eligible for additional prizes.
- If provided permission for disclosure, employees who accept a prize will have their name and/or likeness used to publicly announce their prize status. Otherwise, winners will be announced in general terms, (i.e., a faculty member in the Department of Social Work wins $25 gift card).
- MVSU reserves the right to modify the list of incentives at any time.
When will the drawing take place?
The drawing is scheduled to take place on February 25. Winners will also be notified via their MVSU e-mail accounts and instructed where to pick up prizes. The University will not substitute or swap your prize for other listed prizes. All tangible prizes MUST be picked up on campus in person, and prizes not claimed within 30 days of notification will be forfeited.
If my name is drawn, will I get to select my prize?
Names will be drawn for specific incentives.
I'm vaccinated! How do I get my $25 Bookstore voucher?
Employees should upload proof of vaccination to the Employee Vaccination Incentive Program Form by 11:59 pm on March 31, 2022. The $25 Bookstore voucher will be made available to you at the MVSU Bookstore after verifying your vaccination documentation. Access to the Bookstore voucher will be based on how soon an employee submits proof of vaccination. All vouchers including those issued prior to January 31 must be redeemed by April 30, 2022.
The table below provides the date vouchers will be available.
Proof of Vaccination Submission before or on
Voucher Available on or after
Wednesday, March 2
Friday, March 4
Wednesday, April 6
Friday, April 8
If I was fully vaccinated prior to the incentive plan being offered, am I eligible to receive the incentive?
Yes, if you meet all the other criteria.
I'm not vaccinated yet. Where can I get the shot?
For a list of vaccination sites, visit Mississippi State Department of Health's Vaccination webpage. If you are not currently in Mississippi, contact your State’s Department of Health for vaccine sites. COVID-19 vaccines are also available at local drug stores and Walmart pharmacies.
I have questions about the COVID-19 vaccine. Do you have more info?
Click here for basic information about the COVID-19 vaccine.
When do I need to get my vaccine in order to meet the submission deadline?
Both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines require two doses. The Moderna doses are 28 days apart, and the Pfizer doses are 21 days apart. The Johnson & Johnson vaccine only requires one dose.
Who will verify the documentation I upload?
The verification of the fully vaccinated documentation will be reviewed by the COVID-19 Director and/or staff trained on COVID-19 protocols and medical confidentiality standards.
Who can I contact if I have additional questions?
If your question is not answered here, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails will be responded to within 48 business hours in the order in which they were received.