The Mississippi Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (MAHPERD) is a professional organization of Mississippi educators, administrators, coaches, and young professionals involved in Homeall aspects of health, physical education, recreation, and dance.
MSAHPERD is an affiliate of the Southern District of the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (SDAAHPERD) and the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD).
MAHPERD serves as an advocate for quality programs that encourage healthy, physically active lifestyles. This ongoing pursuit of MAHPERD's
mission is facilitated by providing HPERD-related professional development opportunities through:
1) Annual MAHPERD State-wide Convention (1st full weekend each November)
2) Professional and Student Leadership Conferences (Spring of each year)
3) Specialty Focused Workshops
4) Speakers Bureau for In-Service Training
5) HPERD Resource Links via the Website
6) Newsletter and the MAHPERD Journal
7) Opportunities for Legislative Advocacy
8) Jump Rope for Heart/Hoop. (The JRFH/HFH program can provide money for P.E. equipment.)