Application Requirements Include:
- MVSU Graduate Admission Application
- Department of Social Work Graduate Application
- Official Transcripts of all undergraduate coursework
- Professional Statement (two pages, typed and double-spaced)
- Three References and letters of recommendation
- Immunization Record
- Applicant Checklist
Admission Requirements: For admission to the MSW program, applicants must exhibit the leadership potential and professional capabilities essential to function effectively in the profession and meet minimum academic requirements. An applicant may be granted a regular, conditional, or advanced standing admission to the MSW program.
Graduation Requirements: Students must complete all degree requirements before they will be allowed to participate in graduation. Graduation requirements must be met under a catalog which is no more than five years old at the time of the student’s graduation. A student may not check a catalog dated earlier than the time of entrance into the University. To complete degree requirements, a graduate student must:
- Complete 60 graduate social work semester hours.
- Earn a cumulative grade point average of not less than 3.0.
- Earn a grade of “B” or better in courses approved for graduate credit.
The Master of Social Work Program does not grant social work course credit for life and work experience.