Each student majoring in Departmental programs is expected to complete the following requirements unless written exemption is granted otherwise; the exemptions must bear signature of the assigned advisor and that of the department chairperson. The following is the general guide:
- Review academic progress and obtain advisor’s approval of class schedule for subsequent semester/session prior to or during the registration period.
- Complete all courses required by the curriculum map in recommended sequence with a minimum overall grade point average of 2.00, with no more than one “D” grade in any major course.
- Participate in all required non-credit student activities such as Departmental clubs, field trips, and advisory conferences. Attend regular seminar classes per Banner schedule.
- Pass the English Proficiency Examination unless exempted on the basis of superior grades in English courses.
- Complete the senior project (or internship), make a formal presntation of your project, and submit a completed written documentation of your project (and student teaching for Science education concentration) to your acdemic advisor and the Department office.
- Complete a resume and other information sheets for the Career Counseling and Placement Office and provide a copy for the departmental files.
- Review academic progress with your academic advisor and make application for graduation in compliance with the University calendar.
- Pass senior exit test, complete all other requirements set by the Department or the University.
- Consult with your advisor each semester prior to registration on course scheduling, internships, and career planning.