Each student majoring in departmental programs is expected to complete the following requirements unless written exemption is granted otherwise; the exemptions must bear signature of the assigned advisor and that of the department chairperson. The following is the general guide:
- Review academic progress and obtain advisor’s approval of class schedule for subsequent semester/session prior to or during the registration period.
- Complete all courses required by the curriculum map in recommended sequence with a minimum overall grade point average of 2.00, with no more than one “D” grade in any major course.
- Participate in all required non-credit student activities such as departmental clubs, field trips, and advisory conferences. Attend regular seminar classes per Banner schedule.
- Pass both the English Proficiency Examination test unless exempted on the basis of superior grades in English courses and the Major Field Test in Biology.
- Complete a senior project (or internship), make a formal presentation of your completed project and submit a written documention of your project (and student teaching for for those completing Science education concentration).
- Complete a resume and other information sheets for the Career Counseling and Placement Office and provide a copy for the Departmental files.
- Review academic progress with your assigned academic advisor and make application for graduation in compliance with the University calendar.
- Complete all other requirements set by the Department or the University.
- Consult with your assigned academic advisor each semester prior to registration on course scheduling, internships, and career planning.