4 Year Career Development Plan
Career Services Center strongly encourages students to utilize Career Services beginning your freshman year. The opportunity to explore career options or create a strategic plan for your career or graduate education is available to every student through our office. These steps should start as early as your freshman year and should continue regularly throughout your time in college. You need to have a plan!
The 4 Year Career Development plan is provided as a guide with strategies to implement during your freshman to senior years to best position your career path. If you are just receiving this information and are beyond your freshman year, you may review the plan and determine the best place to start. Please click the link below to obtain the plan designated for each year, and use the checklist provided help you stay on track and meet your goal.
Internships are a great way to gain experience in your current field of study. Internships provide you with real world work experience while allowing you to gain skills that would be used in the workplace. Internships may be paid or unpaid and could take place during the fall, spring or summer. Therefore, take it upon yourself to connect D.E.E.P.*(Develop, Explore, Experience, and Produce) into your future and apply for an internship.
*Click here to view internship listing!
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund Scholarships
- The TMCF scholarship application process is open to all classifications of students seeking financial assistance for the academic school year. The scholarship process is competitive; therefore, students are advised to submit quality work reflective of notable accomplishments. Applicants are further advised to review eligibility requirements closely as they often vary.
- Important: TMCF will continue posting scholarships throughout the academic year. If you do not see a scholarship that you are eligible for, please return to the site at a later date. To receive updates when new scholarship postings, follow TMCF on Facebook or Twitter.
- AccreditedSchoolsOnline.org has compiled a list of college scholarships for minority students.
- BlackStudents.com has compiled a list of the top scholarships for African-American students.
- National Association of Colleges & Employers
- Principles for Professional Practice
- Reasonable Offer Deadlines Guidelines
- Current Salary Data for New Graduates
- 15 Best Practices for Internships
- Salary & Benefits for Interns and Co-ops
- 2017 Recruiting Benchmarks Survey Executive Summary
- 2017 Internship & Co-op Survey Executive Summary