Federal Work Study (FWS) is a federal funded program that provides part-time employment opportunities to eligible students. The program provides financial assistance and offers the students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience. It is awarded to students based on the results of the FAFSA and the availability of funds. There is no guarantee that a student will continue to receive FWS funding each year.
College Work Aid (CWA) is a state funded program which provides part-time employment opportunities to eligible students. CWA is awarded to non-Pell eligible student. The programs encourage community service work which provides direct service to the general community. Students must be enrolled at least half-time (6hours per semester) to be eligible to receive FWS or CWA.
Your award will indicate if you are awarded FWS or CWA and the amount you can earn each semester. You may view your financial aid award by logging onto your Banner Account at http://sutton2.mvsu.edu.
It is the students responsibility to obtain their job placement site.
Quick Tips for students:
- Registration must be complete before receiving a work assignment
- The work study contract must be completed with the Office of Student Financial Aid before you begin your job
- You will not be paid for hours worked beyond the amount of your work study award
- You can only work up to 20 hours per week
- Time cards and sign-in sheets are submitted monthly for payment
Community Service Sites on campus
- J.H. White Library
- MVSU Pre-School
- Health & Fitness Center