Welcome to the Office of Information Technology Webpage
MVSU Email & Computer Account Wi-Fi Login Instructions
The office of information Technology is the primary information-technology provider on the campus of Mississippi Valley State University. We are responsible for the following:
- Campus-wide networking
- Network security
- PC Computing
- Wireless networking
- Webcast services
- Virus protection
- Cable televison services
- Telephone service
- Help Desk sevice desk
The mission of the Office of Information Technology is to provide technology leadership to the entire University by providing state-of- the-art technology infrastructure and institutional technology systems that support and enhance successsful student learning outcomes, research and institional effectiveness.
Mississippi Valley State University Information Technology Department Help Desk Procedures
The office of Information Technology is responsible for the network infrastructure, telephone, cable TV, and wireless phone communications, and the University’s Enterprise Resource Programs. This office also supports academic, email and enterprise software systems. Help Desk support is available at the Mississippi Valley state University Information Technology Department on the campus located in the Annex I Building from the hours 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. on Friday. The following services and support which are available for helpdesk includes email setup, domain account setup, work orders for computers, internet, software installations, network server, cable and other technicial problems on the University Campus. The following services may be requested by sending an email to email@example.com.
Technincans are dispateched every morning with assigned work orders.
Mississippi Valley State University Technology Department value the security and privacy of the information concerning the university and it's employees.
Priority List and Dispatch procedures are as follows:
- President’s Office (immediately)
- Network Server problems technicians are dispatched immediately
- Internet problems our technicians can login remotely to check and see if the customers’ computers are on line at that time or they can check to see if something else is going on with the device.
- Email and Domain problems are resolved right away
- Email password resets are done immediately
- Domain password resets are done immediately
- Creations of email account are done immediately
- Customers with software installed issues are created a work order and a technician is dispatched accordingly.
- Work orders have assigned numbers and the technicians follows them according to the order that the work order was setup.
Mississippi Valley State University Technology Team:
Assistant Vice President: Davis Hayes, Jr.
Assistant Director/Application Manager: Ms. Carmela Staten
Network Manager: Mr. Steven Pitchford
Secretary: Ms. Debra Boyd
Network Service Technician: Brian Phillips
Information Technology Specialist: Mrs. Jamese Young
Programmer: Ms. Carrissa Pruitt
Computer Technician: Vacant
The Information Technology Department Goal is to provide quality customer service to the university community and guests
- To make sure that the campus technology runs smooth and all technical problems are taken care of in a timely manner.
- Give quality service and go above expectations for the faculty, staff, and students.
- Technology above the rest
Technology Problems on Campus:
- Computer won’t start
- Computer running slow
- Internet not working
- Phone not working
- Forgotten password for domain and email
- Trying to get information from one computer to another
- L-Drive not showing up or working
- Need software installed on computers
- Computer labs setup
- Forgotten Banner Passwords