Scholarships are awarded through the Mississippi Valley State University Scholarship Committee for Private Funds. The committee will determine which scholarships the recipients are eligible to receive according to the specific scholarship criteria. The committee meets prior to the beginning of each academic school year to award scholarships.
In addition to stated criteria, students applying for Private Scholarships must meet the "General Scholarship" requirements unless otherwise indicated.
-Submission of a scholarship application does not guarantee an award-
The following criteria apply to the General Scholarship:
- Student must be enrolled full-time (minimum 12 hrs) and maintain a minimum 2.75 cumulative grade point average (GPA).
- For incoming freshmen, scholarships will be awarded contingent upon the student’s high school academic GPA (2.75), a minimum score of 16 on the ACT or 760 on the SAT.
- All students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a valid Student Aid Report must be received by the Financial Aid Office before their application is reviewed.
- Freshmen, Returning and Transfer students must include a letter of recommendation with the application. Letter of recommendation for returning and transfer students may be from an advisor, teacher or a non-faculty member, who has known the student at least three years. Letter of recommendation for incoming freshmen may be from a counselor, teacher, principal, or employer who has known the student at least three years.
- All students must submit a copy of their unofficial academic transcript with their application packet.
We encourage all students to seek scholarship opportunities from organizations or foundations independent of the university. A student should be rewarded for their academic merit. Scholarships, in most cases, eliminates or reduces a student's dependency on student loan debt. Recepients are asked to report all outside scholarship awards that must be included in their financial aid package as well as may affect other university scholarship awards.
Students can seek and apply for the various scholarship opportunities from the following foundations by clicking on the logo: