Employee Separation

Employee Separation/COBAR Guide

Benefits upon Separation from Employment

Your current benefit coverage(s) will end on ­­­­­­­­­­­­­your last day of service. If electing continuation of coverage through COBRA, coverage election must take place within (30) thirty  days after your last day of service.

In order to get paid for holidays, employees separating from employment with the University (other than a separation due to retirement) must be in a regular pay status before and after a holiday. Separating employees should contact the Office of Human Resources regarding benefits.

NOTE: A fully executed Exit PC05, and Personnel Release form must be completed and received in the Office of Human Resources before anyone can receive their Final Leave Pay from the University. Final Leave pay is based on the accrued personal leave time not to exceed 30 days or 240 hours. In the event, an employee is transferring to another state agency, a final leave pay will not be granted.