Why join SSS? There are lots of reasons why students just like you join SSS every year.
Some of the primary reasons are:
- Supportive Staff & Peer Tutor/Mentors
- Free Tutorial Service
- Recognition & Award Programs
- SSS STAR Student of the Month
- Free Computer & Printing Access
- SSS Coalition (our very own student organization)
To join SSS, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S.
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment at Mississippi Valley State University (MVSU)
- Be a freshman, sophomore or transfer student who has a need for academic support as well as the potential for academic success
- Be a full-time student who plans to graduate from MVSU
- Meet one of the following criteria:
1. Be a first-generation college student (Parents or guardians do not have four- year college degree)
2. Have a financial need (Based on the family’s taxable income as determined by the guidelines of the U.S.
Department of Education)
3. Have a documented disability(A person, who because of a documented disability, needs specifically-
designed instructional materials or programs, modified physical facilities, or related services)