Renaissance Learning Program
Completion of 45 or more semester hours of credit from an accredited college/post-secondary institution.
Age of 23 or older with a minimum of two years work experience
Cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or better on all prior academic work
Completion of appointment with Program Representative to outline a tentative degree plan
Completion of an application form
Upon meeting all of the above criteria, the Renaissance Learning Programs Director will accept the admission application. Any exceptions will be considered by the Admissions Committee of the Renaissance Learning Programs.
One who has become familiar with the program and has decided to apply should take the following steps:
- Complete and turn in the application form
- Send a transcript request form (available upon request) to each college or university previously attended. Check with the registrar from each institution for the appropriate transcript fee
- Also submit any non-traditional but pre-evaluated credit transcripts such as military, corporate, CLEP, etc.
- Once a decision is made about a preferred starting date, pay the enrollment deposit of $100 to reserve a spot in that group providing that space is currently available
- Plan to attend orientation night
TRANSFER OF CREDIT
Up to 78 Credits of “C” grade or above from regionally accredited colleges may be accepted in transfer.
Evaluation and Credit for Pre-Evaluated Educational Experiences
Mississippi Valley State University recognizes that opportunities to acquire skills or master content occur in many settings and forums outside the college classroom that have been pre-evaluated. These opportunities include professional and military training along with demonstrated competence on CLEP and DANTES examinations. Mississippi Valley State University thus permits students to earn academic credit by demonstrated competence (up to 45 semester hours) for educational experiences evaluated by The College Board (CLEP), The American Council on Education (ACE) and the Academic Placement Test (APT).
Such credit can be awarded only for subject matter that corresponds to the content of specific courses listed in the Mississippi Valley State University Catalog. In order to earn such academic credit, these students must demonstrate and/or document how these reported competencies correspond to the content of the courses for which they are seeking credit and realize the learning outcomes associated with each course in one of the following manners:
- Scoring at the approved level on the CLEP (College Level Examination Program) or DANTES (Defense Subject Standardized Tests)
- Where the American Council on Education (ACE) has evaluated such alternative courses—such as those in banking, real estate, military training (ARTS Transcripts), or vocational training (CCRS Transcripts), the College will use the evaluation in the appropriate field as a source for determining what credit might be given.