MVSU’S International Week Parade of Flags and Convocation is scheduled for April 18, 11:00 AM in Carpenter Auditorium. The Guest speaker,Dr. Shaza Gamal Ismail, a professor at Helwan University in Cairo, Egypt, currently is a Fulbright Scholar-in-Residence at Randolph-Macon College in Ashland, Virginia, where she is teaching “Ancient Egyptian History,” “Women in Egyptian Politics,” and “Coptic Art in Egypt.”
Dr. Ismail earned a bachelor’s degree in Tourism Guidance and a master’s degree in Early Christian Art from Helwan University. She holds a Ph. D. in Early Christian Art and Architecture from Helwan University and the University of Wales, United Kingdom. Her main areas of expertise are in the fields of early Christian art and architecture, ancient Egyptian history and art and Egyptian politics.
She has taught at Helwan University in Cairo for nine years, as well as at the University of Wales, United Kingdom. In addition, she is a member of the International Association of Coptic Studies (IACS), the American Research Centre in Egypt (ARSCE), and the Arab Syndicate of Tour Guides. She has published a dozen research and scholarly papers in respected journals and for conferences and academic organizations.
The Schedule of Events includes:
April 15 – Open House Technology Education Building (TED), Suite 101
· 9:00 - 5:00PM
April 16 – Open House TED Building, Suite 101 and 108
· 11:00 AM Gateway Leadership Ambassadors Program Stock Market Challenge and Micro-Finance Enterprise Developments.
April 17- Open House TED Building, Suite 101 and Room 151,
· 3:00-5:00 PM Institute for the Study of Languages and Cultures Classes and Presentations.
April 18 - Open House TED Building, Suite 101
· 9:45 AM Parade of Flags Assembly- Office of International Programs has 198 International flags and invites participants to serve as Flag Bearers. The Parade will begin at 10:20 at Sutton Administration Building and end at H. G. Carpenter Auditorium.
· 11:00 University-Wide Convocation, Carpenter Auditorium: The Guest Speaker is Dr. Shaza Gamal Mohamed Ismail, Art-Historian and Professor at Helwan University, Cairo, Egypt.
April 19- Open House TED Building, Suite 101
· 6:00-9:00 PM Cultural Display Competition and International Banquet (Lackey Building).
For more information about the Office of International Programs call 662-254-3092/3094 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.