Mississippi Valley State University Program has seven principal objectives:
1. To provide an opportunity for leisure-time participation in organized sports and recreational activities.
2. To allow for social interaction.
3. To encourage the development of permanent interest in sports and recreational activities.
4. To foster a feeling of belonging by providing the opportunity to work together in a recreational situation.
5. To develop a healthy body along with an alert mind.
6. To provide a healthy outlet for emotional and mental stress.
7. To develop good sportsmanship toward officials and opponents.