Special services provided to communication students by the Department are:
1. Internship placement: external industrial experience that may lead to a permanent job upon graduation;
2. strategic academic advisement: more frequent and compulsory student-advisor conferences scheduled at strategic periods in the semester for higher retention and graduation rates;
3. rigorous practical training (in student's area of concentration): newspaper design and publishing, live theatrics/drama, forensic tournaments, and live broadcasting on the campus radio station, all by communication students;
4. computer literacy training: students receive a compulsory hands-on training on the use computers by trained lab assistants;
5. professional portfolio preparation: each student is guided in the preparation of a professional kit- a collection of the students professional achievements/outputs (publications, presentations, photojournalistics, video resumes, etc.) cataloged for job interviews.