The specific goals of the Department of Mass Communication are to:
1. Provide students with the practical skills necessary for employment in journalism, broadcasting, public relations, and speech communication;
2. Produce communication graduates that are well grounded in the liberal arts;
3. Produce communication graduates with a solid background in theoretical aspects of communication;
4. To produce students with the ability to research, assemble, organize, and present information in a coherent and meaningful manner; and
5. To produce students with skills that will enable them to work and live effectively in the diverse environment of the global society.