Requirements for graduation must be met under a curriculum included in a catalog published within the past five years.
Accounting majors must complete at least 126 semester hours of course work. In order to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination in Mississippi, graduates must have completed 150 semester hours of course work.
A minor consists of a planned sequence of courses totaling not fewer than 18 semester credit hours as specified by the department.
- AC 221 Financial Accounting - required
- AC 222 Managerial Accounting - required
- AC 301 Intermediate Accounting I
- AC 302 Intermediate Accounting II
- AC 325 Governmental Accounting
- AC 326 Accounting Systems
- AC 402 Tax I (Individual)
- AC 403 Tax II (Partnerships & Corporations)
- AC 405 Auditing Theory & Practice
- AC 430 Cost Accounting
- AC 441 Advanced Accounting