Freshmen applicants to the Honors Program must meet the following requirements:
- Achieve a minimum ACT composite score of 20 or the SAT equivalent and all sub-scores of 16 or above.
- Must meet the general admission requirements of the University.
- Have a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.30 for courses in the college preparatory curriculum (CPC).
Students whose CGPA is at least 3.20 and whose candidacy for admission into the program is supported by recommendations from two college teachers will be considered for admission.
- An invitation to apply to the Honors College is extended to high school seniors with and ACT (or SAT equivalent) composite score of 20 or above and a CGPA of 3.30 or above upon their acceptance to the University.
- Students are mailed an information sheet and an Honors College application.
- Students who wish to apply to the Honors College are required to complete the application form, write a brief personal statement, and then return these materials to the Honors office.
- The personal statement and application are reviewed by Honors College staff.
- Letters of acceptance are mailed to students who meet Honors College entrance requirements.